Buddhist strongly emphasize Five Precepts:
Five precepts: 五 重 戒
- Refrain from killing 殺living creatures
- Refrain from stealing偷盜.
- Refrain from unchastely邪淫 (sensuality, sexuality, lust).
- Refrain from incorrect speech 妄語.
- Refrain from taking intoxicants 兇酒 / 毒.
十惡業 Ten Negative Deeds:
- 殺生killing: Taking life of any living beings.
- 偷盜stealing: Taking anything which ia giving, or permitted.
- 邪淫Sexual Misconduct: Unlawful, unmoral, over indulging sexuality.
- 說謊False speech: Untrue speech, misleading speech.
- 惡口Harmful Speech: hurtful speech, hatred speech, confrontational speech. negative motivational speech.
- 绮語Charter Speech: Meaningless speech, mindless speech, frivolous speech.
- 兩舌Divisive Speech: Speeches that cause confrontational between parties.
- 貪餒Greed: Strong / endless desires of material objects, and name, fame, praise, gain etc.
- 瞋恨Hatred: Strong emotional disturbances; most harmful to the mind.
- 嫉妒Jealousy: It usually directly connected to hatred, due ignorance of Dharma.
註 ( Note): To create positive deeds, simply refrain from the ten negative deeds. 盡止惡業即是善業